Injectables can correct wrinkles, reduce fat deposits, and improve the appearance of facial hollows to take years off of your appearance. All treatments are quick “lunch-hour” procedures with little to no risks or recovery time. Depending on the results you desire, Charles Galanis, M.D., can help you decide which injectable treatment(s) will meet your needs.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedure. It is FDA approved for the treatment of deep forehead wrinkles and “frown lines” between the brows. The injections work by temporarily limiting movement of the muscles that cause wrinkles in the forehead area. Results are seen after two days, and there is no recovery time. Patients are encouraged to avoid strenuous activity and alcohol for the first 24 hours. Final results will last from three to six months.
JUVÉDERM® is a commonly used dermal filler that improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, fills facial hollows in the cheeks, and augments the lips. The main ingredient in JUVÉDERM® is hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a natural substance that helps the skin retain moisture and softness while it adds youthful volume. This substance is gradually reabsorbed by the body over time. Dr. Galanis offers many different formulations of JUVÉDERM® that are customized for specific purposes and areas of the face. During your consultation, Dr. Galanis will assess your skin and your desires for improvement to help determine which JUVÉDERM® treatment is right for you.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is most commonly used to add volume to the lips. The product generally lasts for three to six months.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus XC corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds but can also be used in the lips. This generally lasts three to six months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC improves the appearance of vertical lip lines and adds subtle volume to the lips. It is also used for the under-eye area to address dark circles. It lasts up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe facial wrinkles and lasts for up to 18 months.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC corrects volume loss in the cheeks and improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the midface. It can last up to two years.
KYBELLA® is an FDA-approved injectable treatment that eliminates stubborn fat beneath the chin, commonly referred to as a “double chin.” KYBELLA® improves the appearance of the profile and can make patients appear several years and pounds lighter from all angles with just one treatment. Whether excess submental fat is due to genetics or being overweight, KYBELLA® works to destroy the unwanted fat cells so that they never return. One treatment takes 15 to 20 minutes and involves several injections into the area beneath the chin. Patients may wish to receive up to six treatments spaced about one month apart to achieve their desired result.
Similar to JUVÉDERM®, Restylane® is a commonly used dermal filler that improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, fills facial hollows in the cheeks, and augments the lips. The main ingredient is hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a natural substance that helps the skin retain moisture and softness while it adds youthful volume. This substance is gradually reabsorbed by the body over time. Dr. Galanis offers different formulations of Restylane® that are customized for specific purposes and areas of the face. During your consultation, Dr. Galanis will assess your skin and your desires for improvement to help determine which Restylane® treatment is right for you.
- Restylane® Silk is FDA approved specifically for lip augmentation and for improving wrinkles around the mouth for those over the age of 21. It is made of smaller and smoother hyaluronic acid particles than those used in other Restylane® products to deliver natural-looking results. Patients experience fuller lips, improved shape, and reduced lines above the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft™ (formerly Perlane-L®) is FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds (smile lines) and other moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. It can also be used to restore age-related volume loss and contour deficiencies in the cheeks and midface.
Sculptra® Aesthetic provides results similar to hyaluronic acid fillers, but it minimizes wrinkles and fills facial hollows gradually over time. It works by stimulating the skin’s natural collagen production to visibly improve the quality of the skin, restore its underlying structure, and restore lost volume. Most patients receive four sessions of Sculptra® Aesthetic treatments that are scheduled up to three weeks apart.
If you would like to learn more about fillers and whether they are right for you, please fill out our contact form. Alternatively, you can call to schedule a consultation to see Dr. Galanis in Beverly Hills at (310) 858-8930 or in Chicago at (844) 425-2647.