After drawing blood, the plasma (straw-colored fluid above) is isolated
Microneedling - Vampire Facial
Microneedling is a treatment that was first introduced in the early 2000s. After numbing the skin, Dr. Galanis uses a
- To stimulate the body’s own healing mechanism which includes the production of collagen. Collagen, which decreases with aging, is a crucial building block of a firm and radiant skin.
- To allow better penetration of products designed to rejuvenate skin (such as specially designed skin rejuvenating serums, platelet-rich plasma also known as “PRP”, etc.)
PRP AND THE “VAMPIRE FACIAL”
As referenced above, PRP can be combined with
Who is a candidate?
Microneedling can be used for all skin types although should be avoided in patients with extensive acne. Benefits include:
- Improve fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce acne scars
- Soften or reduce stretch marks
- Even skin tone
- Decrease sun spots or other areas of darkened skin
- Reduce the appearance of pores
- Smooth and firm skin texture
- Scar treatment
Microneedling is NOT intended for:
- Reduce acne scars
A numbing cream is first applied to the face and given 10-20 minutes to take maximum effect. For patients who elect for PRP treatment, blood is drawn. This blood is then placed in a centrifuge to isolate the platelet rich plasma for use. For patients who decline PRP, a skin serum with skin nutrients is used during the treatment. The microneedling is then performed and typically takes 20-30 minutes depending on area treated. The duration of the procedure is the same whether PRP or skin serum is used.
Dr. Galanis performing a microneedling treatment in his Beverly Hills office.
If you would like to learn more about microneedling or “Vampire Facial” treatments, please fill out our contact form and we will be happy to assist you! Alternatively, you can call to schedule a consultation to see Dr. Galanis in Beverly Hills (310-858-8930).
Results: Galanis recommends a minimum of 3 treatements spaced apart by at least 4 weeks for optimum effect although benefits can be appreciated after a single treatment.? As we age, maintenance therapy may also be appropriate.
Recovery: Expect 2-3 days of redness in treated areas. Makeup/concealer may be applied the day after treatment.
Pain: Minimals; topical creams are used routinely.
Activity/Shower/Driving restrictions: No restrictions
Time off work: May return to work immediately
Follow-up: Galanis personalizes the follow-up plan based on the treatment plan.